Wednesday, February 11, 2009

[proc258]














+----------------------------------------------------------+
proc-records.net
+artist_-_Microbit_Project
+album_-_Microbit_Project_-_Stardrive
+cat#_-_[proc258]
+year_-_2009
+bitrate_-_48kbps,MP3
+----------------------------------------------------------+

As I look out my window, a cup of coffee in my hand, and watch
the rain fall from the sky to the ground, a certain level of comfort
falls upon me.
Knowing that mother nature is taking it's course, despite the
huge amount of destruction caused by each and every
living and breathing human on this planet is very re-assuring.
Even today, as I type on a keyboard made of plastic, produced
in a factory thousands of miles away, shipped on a giant
truck to the store where i bought it (which I drove to in a car), it amazes
me just how wasteful and destructive we humans actually are.
Despite all of these things, my efforts to reduce waste have
been quite sucessful.
Especially with hearing the latest and greatest ep from Microbit Project
here at proc-records!!!!!!

Normally, people would say that electricity consumption would
be considered a waste, though I can assure you, listening to the
breathtaking, mellow, deep, dark and utterly gorgeous tracks on this
release is by no means any such thing!!!
Microbit Project, or for those of you who still might not know, is just one of the
many aliases of Evgenij V. Kharitonov.
Evgenij is a visual, word, and sound artist hailing from the great
country of Russia, and since his debut with proc-records
back in 2008, he has released an astonishing amount of
amazing ep's Lp's and singles on this label alone!!!

Along with releasing music here and at other fine labels like
Love Torture Records and 20kbps, Mr. Kharitonov also finds time
to operate his own netlabel, also called Microbit Project AND
manages a few internet magazines.
A truly talented musician and artist on so many levels,
Eugene is without a doubt the most active artist at proc-records
and is also one of the most active on the scene in general today.
With each and every release from him, I find a new way to
hear and appreciat his sound, and his work never ceases to amaze me.

This release happens to be my personal favorite from him, and with tracks
like Stargates and Star Mole, it is easy to understand why.

This is a the quintessential album for any minimal or ambient fan!!

Microbit_Project_-_Stardrive

No comments:

About Me

My photo
proc-records netlabel "NOISE WILL BE NOISE"